Making a gif/edit is honestly not that hard and takes about 5 minutes, well, depending on the scene, how long you’ve been doing this and how you color but the steps are:
- Getting your screencaps.
- Importing them into Photoshop.
- Cropping and putting them into the correct dimensions for tumblr.
Six pretty easy steps. But this is not a tutorial post, this is a resource post.
Tutorials on how to make gifs:
- Windows using KMPlayer
- Windows using PotPlayer (my settings for capturing frames)
- Windows using GOM Player
- Mac using MPlayer OSX Extended
- Windows AND Mac using MPEG Streamclip
Resources for getting caps:
- KMPlayer (For Windows)
- Potplayer (For Windows)
- MPlayer OSX Extended (For Mac)
- GOM Player (For Windows)
- MPEG Streamclip (Windows and Mac)
Downloading videos from youtube, vimeo, and some other sites:
Downloading videos from twitter:
- Put a m. in front of the url, for example,
- Click on the video and then right click > Save Video as…
New Dimensions for tumblr:
- 10 gifs: 268×145
- 9 gifs: 177×177/178×178/177×177
- 8 gifs: 268×160
- 6 gifs: 268×186-200 (whichever you prefer)
- 4 gifs (side by side): 268×268
- 4+ gifs: 540×220
- 2 gifs (side by side): 268×300
- 2/3 gifs: 540×240
The width is the most important, that stays the same but the height can be different as long as the gif size is under 3MB
Sharpening for gifs: (these are the best ones)
- Actions I have made (includes two: the basic sharpening & gaussian blur)
- Current sharpening I’m using by hoechlin
- the above sharpenings you need to convert your gifs into a smart object when you are in video timeline
- Basic Sharpening (up to 150 frames) by karazorel
Resources for getting good quality pictures and caps for making edits:
Downloads for Photoshop:
- This is probably the hardest part finding a good download, its a trial, I went through a couple before I found a good one (I forgot where I got it sorry.)
- Photoshop CS5 is probably the best one for making gifs, makes them look smoother.
- Never use google to find images especially those found in pinterest, weheartit or other sites like that. Use the ones above or from official sites.
- Never stretch an image more than it’s original size. If you already sized it down to 268px but now want it to be 540px, you need to just start over cause stretching it would make it really pixelated and gifs/edit that have pixels are ugly.
- Always download 1080p, 720p is fine but try to find 1080p. Never 480p. Never, just love yourself.
- When it comes to sharpening gifs, keep it simple. If you do use gaussian blur, don’t make it too blurry. Simpler is better but again, everyone is different so its not my place to tell you what to do. *You know you oversharpen your gif when you get that weird line around an object.*
- Always use the right dimensions! Only use widths of 268px or 540px, unless you are making 3 gifs side by side then its 177 x 178 x 177. If you are makings gifs that are side by side, example, keep it 268px never anything smaller or higher, it makes the gifs blurry.
- The only time it’s okay to use a bigger size is when you make a graphic, infographic, or art. Never for gifs or edits.
- A clear sign that someone is stealing/recoloring gifs is if the gifs in the post are all different sizes from each other and/or have different sharpening.
- For text, keep the font size between 10.3-11px. The best front to use is Arial Rounded MT Bold with a stroke of 1px and if needed, a drop shadow at 50%, angle 30, distance 3, spread 0, and size 5. You can download my font psd here if you want.
- Make your frame rate 0.05, 0.05 or 0.07. Personally, 0.05 is the best, makes it more naturally looking. When you save your gifs, photoshops puts the frame rate to 0.07, so make sure to reopen your gif and put your frame rate back to the one you want and save.
PROMO TEMPLATE # 3 // $0.00
another easy to use promo template available for free ! it features spaces for two large rectangular images and three small circular icons, plenty of space for a quote, url, and blog info. PSD not included, but the one used in this example is ENCHANTED and is also available for free !!
SIREN SONG — MALANDRAHELPS’ THIRD PSD.
HELLO CHILDREN, this is Lubs again, releasing my first social media original PSD. Oh, what is this about, Malandra? Siren Song is a streaming player that features four psds in one: the first is meant to be a single song, the second is a full-page playlist, third one is a profile and the fourth is another playlist page, in two different formats. Here’s what you’ll need to edit this beautiful playlist fake app:
- The only font I used was NILLAND, in which you can download HERE.
- The gradients are editable by gradients overlay, so, if you want to change the colors of the psd, just give your layer a double click and bam, there it is. Most of the retangles and circles of the psd are smart objects, so you can easily change their colors too!
- SIREN SONG is highly customizable to your needs, so, play with it! Every layer is named and it’s a easy navigation through them.
- So, you’ll need a ‘lil bit of knowledge about clipping masks when editing the icons of SIREN SONG. The sizes are, per psd: (1) song cover is 201x201px; (2) icons are 58x58px; (3) profile pic is 116x116px; playlist covers are 120x120px; friend’s icons are 58x58px; (4) playlist cover is 164x164px, playlist icons are 58x58px.
- Fun fact: “mexe a rabiola” is a playlist that features brazillian funk and actually exists. 😛
- You can edit as you like but please, don’t claim this psd as your own and don’t repost!!
- Like really don’t repost this I’ll find you and I’ll……. be very sad about this.
- Do you need any help???????? dont hesitate at all CALL ME
on my cellphoneON MY INBOX
This template is a psd file, you just need to change the informations.
Please like or reblog if you download and don’t redistribute or claim as your own. Some information to assemble your edition you can use wikipedia like I used. Any questions / compliments / requests
? Ask me
If you do not know how to use the template follow the tutorial below.
sidewalk adventures; a character psd by lianaliberatcs. the fonts used are montserrat and cutie star. the background image is 354 x 249, the icon image 74 x 74, and the sidebar image is 146 x 249. the psd works on most images. please do not claim as your own or redistribute, credit if using in a roleplay. also please like or reblog if downloading. ( download )
COMPLETERESOURCES — Character Posters
- I’m using CS6 extended but it will work in all other versions
- You’ll need basic knowledge of Photoshop and adjustment layers
- You’ll also need a pinterest or weheartit
- Please Like / Reblog if you find this useful.
There are a lot of different ways to make character posters and a lot of ways to color them, but they can be difficult on images that start off with very different coloring and lighting. Here’s how to a make cohesive set of character posters.